} -->

Monday 5 May 2014

April makeup haul



So in April I'm sure you have all been very aware of boots 3 for 2 offer on make up , I've managed to pick up a few pieces that I wanted to try out just to mix up my make up bag a little bit as I feel I don't experiment enough for make up , you could say I'm coming out of my make up shell.



In my first little trip to boots I went t pick up some more of the Collection lasting perfection concealer  and thought I should just take advantage of the 3 for 2 , after about half an hour of crowding around busy make up shelves with my other half being dragged I decided just to return to the collection shelf and pick up pieces from here 

First off is the Blush & highlight cream duo I thought I would give this a try as I've always used powder but wanted to give this a shot , I've also never really used highlighter before 
My first impressions of this were it wasn't very pigmented you had to really get a lot of your finger for it to make an impact but the highlighter was very pigmented as just needed  couple of swipes for a good color , but for my first time of using a cream blush and highlighter I was impressed and definitely a bargain 

The next thing I picked up was the Collection work the colour eyebrow kit I've always filled my eyebrows in but before I used the Natural collection solo eyeshadow in Crushed walnut applied with an angled eyebrow brush and then set with a clear mascara which worked well for me but definitely wanted to try something different , When I used this I wasn't taken a back by the result I used the middle color and set it with the clear mascara , I felt that color was far too dark but the one before it was far too light but after a bit of playing round with it I just applied a lot less product to the angled brow brush and it seemed to work but still wasn't the greatest result 



On the same day I went to Primark , I had taken a trip to Edinburgh this day and decided to see if I could find the eye shadow palette that I have wanted for at least 2 months now!! after watching Becca rose Primark haul Which included pieces from the new range of the beauty section and ever since then I've been hunting for the eye shadow palette , I definitely think you need to go to the bigger Primark branches to find this item!



when I first opened it I was very impressed with the color  they really popped out and the range of different combinations you could do with them would be brilliant unfortunately none of them have names but here is a picture of the colors


I started by using the first color in the palette and was a bit unimpressed with the pigmentation now I can't be fussy as it was only £2.50 but I think for a basic eye shadow palette this is perfect!


The next time I went to boots I was in need of a new foundation I have really researched what I was wanting to buy as I have such issues with my foundation I have to pick carefully , after reading up a lotttttttt of review I have come to the decision to try Loreal Paris Infallible 24 hr Foundation I had read that I head amazing coverage and really that is all I look for in a foundation (and the ability to not make me look like an oompa loompa ) and this just ticked off every box , I am having  a bit of trouble with my skin right no and I feel the only downside to this foundation was it really sticks to the dry patches , but I find it easy to blend which I use to do with my Real techniques miracle complexion sponge it does dry quite quickly so you have to be relatively fast about it but all in all I would say this is a perfect high street foundation!


So that it's for my make up haul , I will have other ones to follow some time this week so please follow to keep up :)

Also please comment letting me know what your favorite high street make up product is!

Thanks you for reading :)

Follow me on
Twitter - @thegreatcatsbyx

Instagram - thegreatcasbyx






2 comments:

  1. These all look like great buys, hopefully we have some of these products in America because I'd love to try some; your makeup bag is also adorable!

    http://colour-illuminates.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely :) I hope you can find them! , I just bought the make up bag out of a budget store here!

      Delete

Hanging Tree © All rights reserved · Theme by Smart Cookies Design · Blogger